.    .
.




  = Blogroll = Crooked Timber
Phobophilia
BitchPhD
SCOTUS Blog
Balkinization
Am. Constitution Society
Unfogged
Dooce
Pandagon
Blurbomat
See Jane Compute
The Valve
if:book
Scientific Activist
Academic Secret
ScientificBlogs
Technorati




about this page
This page was constructed using the lovely patterns developed by the extremely talented Squidfingers. Some of the patterns have been modified.

All content on this page is the property of the author and is not to be reproduced without express permission from the author.
.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Markt Day. I have -- with relish -- just squandered my last 50E, most of it on cheese. There was a blue that almost knocked me down; certianly it took my breath away. I can only image what my breath is now like to anyone else. It made the cheese-mongers laugh, the way I gasped.

I was late getting to the market this morning -- I got up alright, but after breakfast was seduced into a small nap. That lasted an hour. But I got to the market and got my cheese. The bread options had dwindled to almost nothing by the time I got there, but I have a walnut bread that looks promising. It is a wonderful day, not to hot but still sunny, and I suppose that everyone was up early because of it.

When I had my coffee in the Markt Square, I shared a table with a couple about my parents' age. They were very nice, and asked where I was from and what I did. So I tried to explain, but it turns out that, as hard as it is to explain my work in small words in English, it's orders of magnitude harder in German. I attribute this mostly to the fact that German scorns
small words.

.
Name:
Location: Currently, Berkeley, United States

I'm an academic scientist who is both abroad and a broad. I am on the road so often that I have a house solely so that my cats will have somewhere to live.


Contact?
Okay, fine. If you really really want to, and don't care how long it is between mail checks, you can send email to ascientistabroad  {a}gmail{dot}com

And, okay, sometimes there are comments. But it's my blog and I'll delete anything I want.

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger


.